Fantasy

Sunday 12 May 2019

And in Other News (12th May 2019)

I do have another blog running which I stopped using a few months back...say about a year. I was planning on posting back on there but for simplicities sake I intend to post historical and other projects on this 40K blog. They will be kept separate and appear maybe weekly. Of course depending on output.

So first up Vikings!!! A long time a go I bought shed loads of Vikings and Anglo Saxons to play out battles in 9th/10th Century England. Made starts then stopped and so on. The models are all metal Gripping Beast the lovely Colin Pattern sculpts. So recently started tearing the figures off the bases re-undercoating them (yes even if already painted). Read various rule sets and set about painting Danes for the Great Heathen Army.


The figure with the halved painted shield was done a few weeks back the others maybe two years ago. I was planning on using them for DBA/DBMM but has I mentioned above been drowsing rules recently and I have decided to use them for Sword Point from Gripping Beast. So these now look like this (done this week!)



On 40mm square Renedra plastic bases. These are waiting in the wings...


About half of these figures were painted but since my painting style has changed a quick light grey undercoat saw to that. The good thing is I have probably close to another four or five dozen (maybe more) figures cleaned up and ready for painting. They were based so at least I could use an unpainted army (Heresy!!!). Made a start on another figure too...


I don't expect to finish anytime this year with these though.

Keeping with the Barbarian theme. Copplestone Castings 15mm Barabarians for HoTT.


These were based and painted a couple of weeks ago. Based these as Blades and drawing inspiration from Robert E Howards Hyboria. Giving them red hair like the description of the Vanir. Three more started this week.


This project I do want to get done relativity quickly. So lets see how that goes!

Finally my final current project. The 77th Indian Brigade or Chindits. Warlord models sculpted by Paul Hicks I believe. Certainly looks like his excellent work.



The rifle man was completed last week the NCO/Officer with M1 carbine finished this week. I am wondering if the captured katana is a homage to Lieut. George A Cairns VC. Rather than just a way to identify the command figure. Wikipedia Lt. Cairns VC.

One more on the desk ready to go..


Again this will be a slow burn project.

So that's it for this round up of Other News. Quite a productive week. Well done me!  


No comments:

Post a Comment