Fantasy

Thursday 28 February 2019

Progress Report 59.19.M3

Fair bit done but still plenty to do.

First up; airbrushed the door hatches on the board Tamiya Flat Aluminium, the walls Tamiya Flat White and floors my concrete base mix of Vallejo Concrete, Light Green Grey and Light Grey.


Still more to be done to the base colours before I can start to add details. Also airbrushed the Green Grey roughly onto the walls to give a bit of age.

The lights, power units, and doors have also been airbrushed with Flat Aluminium.




All the wall units I decided to airbrush in a base colour of Tamiya Flat Yellow.


So these all need to be weathered and have details picked out.

Also decided to be  a little unorthodox with the next Blood Angel Primaris Marine...


Heresy!!!! A white stripe on the helmet and right shoulder pad. For this I airbrushed Vallejo Aged White onto the area I wanted to change. Masked it off with Tamiya 2mm and 3mm tape respectively and then airbrushed with Hull Red again.

I intend to go back to the Rogue Trader days before Codex's ruled and your Marines could be painted how you liked with personal heraldry etc. Not saying that isn't happening still now but want to personalise my Blood Angels to make them mine not just another collection of red clad space vampires following the law laid down in GW publications. More like this...


This was taken from a little A5 pamphlet called if a remember correctly 'How to paint Space Marines'. Still have my copy somewhere. It had, beside the illustrated above, Ultramarines, Salamanders, Space Wolves and I think Dark Angels. 

Realistically* Blood Angel armour should have lots of embellishment anyway. Like this...

Artist: Adrian Smith


But unless you are good with Green Stuff and can sculpt the designs onto the armour (which I'm not),  different colour designs or personal trophies are the way to go! Forge World do a few nice Horus Heresy era Blood Angels in over wrought armour but not enough. 

The Emperor Protects.

* Realistically in a fantasy universe! If you read the background and literature concerning the Blood Angels is what I am referring to. 



No comments:

Post a Comment